Write a 750‐word essay on the influence patient education has in health care using the experiences of a patient. Interview a friend or family member about that person’s experiences with the health car
Write a 750‐word essay on the influence patient education has in health care using the experiences of a patient. Interview a friend or family member about that person’s experiences with the health care system. You may develop your own list of questions.
Suggested interview questions:
- Did a patient education representative give you instructions on how to care for yourself after your illness or operation?
- Did a health care professional, pharmacist, nurse, doctor, or elder counselor advise you on your medication, diet, or exercise?
- Who assisted you at home after your illness or operation?
- Do you know of any assistance services, i.e., food, transportation, medication, that would help you stay in your home as you get older?
1. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the concepts involved in patient communication and education as well as a solid rationale for the patient outcomes and implications. Develops a clear, thorough presentation of the interviewee’s responses. Satisfactorily addresses all the requirements specified in the assignment. Develops a thorough self-reaction to the patient’s responses and their implications, including how the interview has impacted their own professional development. Incorporates relevant examples and several academic resources to reinforce points made and rationale for them.
2. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive; contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
3. There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. The paragraph structure is seamless.
4. The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
5. All format elements are correct.
6. In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.