Choose a case from the http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/site/cases.html and take a position. For this assignment you will evaluate the ethical arguments for or against the issue. Identify the potential legal arguments (consider current federal guidelines), indicate any potential professional code conflicts you foresee, and support your position with an explanation of your own ethical/moral foundation.
In your 2-3 page paper:
- Identify the issue and state your ethical position.
- How might this scenario play out or impact you in your role as a nurse practitioner?
- Defend your position with legal, ethical, and professional evidence.
- As part of your position, propose strategies and solutions for addressing the issues.
- What other ethical issues does this case bring to light, if any?
Support your position with at least one scholarly source (it may be your text). Be sure to cite the article you choose, use APA format, and include a title page and reference page.