HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND EVALUATION
Please read the article below and answer the following questions:
- What was the purpose of the intervention and what was its rationale?
- Briefly describe the design, the procedure, and the participants. (1/2 page)
- What were the components of the intervention? (1/2 page)
- What types of evaluation did the researchers employ to assess the effects of the intervention? Of what did these evaluations consist? (1/2 page)
- Was the intervention successful? Please explain. Then, please formulate a discussion on what may have been the factors that affected the intervention’s success or lack thereof. Use both the authors’ speculations as well as yours.
Bere E., Veierod, M. B., Bjelland M., & Klepp K. I. (2006). Outcome and process evaluation of a Norwegian school-randomized fruit and vegetable intervention: Fruits and Vegetables Make the Marks (FVMM). Health Education Research, 21 (2) 258-267. Available in the Trident Online Library
Please make sure that all assignment questions are specifically answered, that your answers are clear, and your paper is well organized. It is important that you analyze the information, cover relevant areas, formulate conclusions, and provide enough depth, while paying attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Properly cite your references (for question 3) and limit your papers to a maximum of 3 pages.
Your assignment will not be graded until you have submitted an Originality Report with a Similarity Index (SI) score <15% (excluding direct quotes, quoted assignment instructions, and references). Papers not meeting this requirement by the end of the session will receive a score of 0 (grade of F). Papers with a lower SI score may be returned for revisions. For example, if one paragraph accounting for only 10% of a paper is cut and pasted, the paper could be returned for revision, despite the low SI score. Please use the report and your SI score as a guide to improve the originality of your work.