Risk and Return Problems and Questions
Complete the following problem sets from Chapter 7 in Microsoft® Excel®. Use one spreadsheet tab for each problem:
- 7-21 Compute Bond Price Compute the price of a 3.8 percent coupon bond with 15 years left to maturity and a market interest rate of 6.8 percent. (Assume interest payments are semiannual.) Is this a discount or premium bond? (LG7-4)
- 7-27 Yield to Maturity A 5.65 percent coupon bond with 18 years left to maturity is offered for sale at $1,035.25. What yield to maturity is the bond offering? (Assume interest payments are semiannual.) (LG7-6)
Answer the following questions in a separate tab of your spreadsheet document. Answers should be brief, concise, and to the point.
- Explain the relationship between risk and return
- Identify an example of risk and return.
- Explain which is more risky bonds or common stocks.
- Explain how understanding risk and return will help you in future business ventures.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Microsoft® Excel® document I need 2 pages.